Do you want to make a very special, unique gift to your husband, father or brother? Discover why personalized handmade leather belts for men are THE gift!
If you’re looking for a custom gift for him, there’s nothing better than a handmade custom leather belt. It’s perfect as birthday gift, groomsmen gift, Father’s day gift, boyfriend gift, husband gift. In a few words: it’s a perfect gift for any occasion or … just simply for yourself!
A fine belt it’s not a mean of holding up your pants, it is a statement of style, just like shoes. A belt can dress up your whole outfit! Every gentleman should own some good custom belts.
Before giving some style tips, let’s see the detailed configuration of a classic italian leather belt:
- Strap: it’s the band that goes around your waist;
- Buckle: at the very end of the belt you have the buckle, which is composed by a frame and a prong. All DIS handmade leather belts have either silver or satin buckle. Plus, all DIS belt buckles are removable, so you can take it out and replace it with another one or adjust it to fit a new punch hole;
- Belt tip: it’s the end part of the personalized leather belt, where we you can monogram your initials!
Now that we’ve explained the anatomy of a belt, which are all the things to consider when buying one?
With a measuring tape, measure the waistline in the exact place where you will wear your belt and find your size through our belt size chart.
Always wear a polished leather belt with silver buckle with a suit. And of course, you must match your belt colour to your shoes. A must have in your suit wardrobe is surely a shiny black leather belt, a plain black dress belt or a black crocodile belt, matching with the leather/color of your shoes.
If you’re wearing jeans or chinos with sneakers, you can try a deco tan or suede blue leather belt with satin buckle.
If you like to wear colors and fancy shoes, you can go for a printed leather belt, also in animalier. It doesn’t need to match exactly with your outfit, but it can be a nice add-on.
The finishing touch in a gentleman belt is a custom engraving: your initials on the belt tip. Learn more about DIS Inscriptions.
Curiosity: Have you ever thought when men belts became so popular?
During the jazz age (1920s), since they were very comfortable when dancing, compared to the suspenders. But it’s thanks to The Prince of Wales – Edward VIII – that belts became a real fashion accessory, since he used to match them with his shoes. Nowadays, owning custom leather belts is amongst the first rules of a true gentleman.
Some details about DIS man leather belts:
- Leathers: All DIS belts are made of premium calf leathers (shiny, polished, decò, plain calf, suede, pebble grain, crocodile prints, aminalier pattern, denim); We only use high-quality leathers and fabrics that are very carefully selected. We choose leathers that are traditionally tanned to guarantee maximum comfort, softness and durability in time. All our materials are scrupulously and carefully processed to make the most of their different features. See all DIS leathers.
- Exclusive Leathers: premium crust calf leathers;
- Height: all DIS belts are 3,5 cm (1,37 inches);
- Length: all DIS belts range from 59-63 cm (23-24 inches) to 159-163 cm (62-62 inches);
- Buckles: they are removable so they can be changed out. Frame-styled and in 2 colors: you can choose between silver and satin silver colors.
So, let’s recap: when should you wear a belt?
The correct answer is: with all pants (including jeans) that have belt loops! Certainly with formal outfits, when your shirt is invariably tucked in, belts are essential.
Finally, here’s 4 style tips to consider when buying a man leather belt:
- Design a belt which matches your shoes color/leather combinations;
- Pick a genuine calf leather belt since it’s a soft and supple leather;
- Pick a belt which has a buckle attached with a snap on the back so it can be changed out and belt can be custom-cut;
- Engrave your initials on the tip, to give it your own touch;
Take a look at our personalized leather belt for men with a custom engraving: they are not only a great gift for men, but a high quality accessory that will please its owner for a long time!
To gift a belt, you can buy our gift cards: you can choose the amount to gift in our Gift Card page.
With our gift cards, you can give those you love a unique customization experience. Every gift card is valid for one year from the date of purchase! Choose the amount of your gift voucher, leave your name, the name of the recipient and a personal message. You can then proceed to payment and we will immediately send the gift card to you via email, so you can decide whether to forward it or print it. Do you want to present your gift in person? After completing the payment, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a physical gift card.
What happens after you gift the gift card? Simple: the recipient goes to our website www.designitalianshoes.com, picks a belt, customizes it, add a monogram on the tip, follows our measurement instructions (belt size chart) and adds the gift card voucher code to the cart to get the gift card amount off the payment.